Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Story Telling

I was thinking about the evolution of my opinion about a good photograph through the years, then I realized that it has changed dramatically. There were many factors involved in changing my opinion and I am not going to go through them in this post. However, about the current state of my mind there are two things that I am sure of. First, I am sure about what I am interested in right now and the second thing is that it will be subject to a big evolution in the future. What I can tell you about it is that it is called "Story Telling".

Story telling is a way of taking photos. Photos from different genres can be subject to this type of photography. You can go from having story telling studio portraits to story telling war photographs. Even if we consider that you have a reasonable amount of control on the work that you are creating, you have very little control over the perception of the viewer and that is one of the factors that makes this very challenging. At a more complex level of story telling you will find photo essays. Photo essays take years and huge effort to create . Some photographers put their lives in jeopardy to create an essay. I hope I will find more time to talk about these things in detail in future.



No comments:

Post a Comment