Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Lightning Over Caspian Sea


There is not much to say except for thanking my family for an amazing week we spent in north of Iran. I took many photos that I will post later. Special thanks to my sister Negin for pointing out the distant lightnings over the Caspian sea.
As soon as I realized that there is a thunder storm coming I ran upstairs and grabbed my camera. This was the last lightning and my second photo. The lightning flashed the sky half a second after my camera started to take the second long exposure photo. The 30 seconds I spent after that waiting for the camera to take the photo was one of the amazing feelings you get only in these situations. You can also see the tail of a kite on the top left of the photo.

3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome shoot at the right moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Bro. This shot reminds me of a flash of chance meeting (you were shooting down the dark holes at the bus stop) we knew this was going to happen.
    Be well and keep happy.

    ReplyDelete