Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Portrait of Yuri - The Backyard Philosopher


Nothing satisfies my hunger for photography like a street portrait. I can go and take so many photos from different things, but one street portrait from a totally new person, sometimes also followed with an interesting conversation would give me a really good feeling. I found Yuri in his backyard plowing the field. We talked about so many stuff like politics and culture. He was a second generation Ukrainian person here. We talked about the inevitable depression of the first generation immigrants to a country. I am planning to go and chat with him more and maybe I might be able to give him a print of this photo.

I took this photo with the awesome 85mm/1.8f Nikon prime lens. That lens is magnificent.

2 comments: