Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eugene Richards


There are so many amazing photographers that I can just sit and enjoy watching their photos. However, I have to confess that after seeing so many photos, I was still shocked by Eugene Richard's photos. He is there, in the middle of what is happening, and he captures it so amazingly that you will be there too. I remember that I read somewhere that a photographer first need to master the rules of composition. After mastering those rules, it becomes possible to break them. It is easy to see this masterly breaking of these rules and lots of other rules in his works. There is no single word that I can describe his work with. The funny part is whenever I wanted to pay attention to the technical details, I found myself drowning in the photo and forgetting all about technical details. He is the master of story telling.

His works can be found in his website http://www.eugenerichards.com/.


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic I think his works can be called extremely short films, I mean it has everything even the script somehow..I really feel I see a whole film through the second and third pictures. sick genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you say is actually very interesting and very true.

    ReplyDelete